reblogged from ParisLemon ∞
Frederic Lardinois reporting for TechCrunch from Microsoft’s Build developer conference:
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that Microsoft sold 4 million Windows 8 updates since the operating system went on sale last Friday.
That’s 4 million in 3 days. Solid, right? Sure. Though it has to be noted that Apple sold 3 million copies of OS X Mountain Lion in 4 days. Microsoft likes to poke fun at the small OS X install base, and now it works both ways. Apple got nearly as many people to buy the update for OS X in the same amount of time despite a sliver of the overall footprint.
Also, not apples-to-oranges, but even more impressive given the price: Apple sold 5 million iPhones 5s in the first 3 days. Yes, Apple sold more $199-$299 iPhones in the first few days than Microsoft sold $40 Windows 8 updates in the same span.
I like the part where 75% sales in 133% of the time is “nearly as many people … in the same amount of time.” Also, yes apples-to-oranges. I’m wondering how many new Windows 8 licenses or Surface tablets have been sold.
posted on October 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM
- ezrock reblogged this from parislemon
- mihaimoga likes this
- ottsby likes this
- fishstickmonkey likes this
- scoutzie likes this
- processthings reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- yourheartisanemptyr00m reblogged this from parislemon
- ebdisme reblogged this from parislemon
- rubengomezradioboy likes this
- diklein likes this
- cbmackay likes this
- mx-likes reblogged this from parislemon
- ianc14 reblogged this from parislemon
- damienbowman reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- rockyourcortex likes this
- brad-t likes this
- 96kbit likes this
- bestnatesmithever likes this
- parislemon posted this